Friday, October 8, 2010

Week 6 discussion

PDA stands for Personal Digital Assistant. It is basically like a mini hand held computer. It is very good at keeping you organized and doing tasks on the go.  It also can do graphs, word documents, and some Microsoft Office tools. It could help students write papers and other assignments in class that can't be hand written. 

Online survey tools can help us find out people's opinions. For instance in the classroom, the teacher can post an online survey on the classroom wiki and see how students liked the lesson and what all they have really learned. It can help critique a teacher's teaching technique. I think two good rules when using online survey tools would be ask questions that will help you find out all the information you want, and to make sure your questions are clear and easy to understand. 

I think PDA's are great. I have personally used one before, and it really did come in handy. When i start teaching I know I will use online survey tools to help make my lessons better for my students.

Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R.M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment