Friday, September 10, 2010

Discussion

This is one of the first times I have actually used a blog. I have read some blogs my friends have written though. I personally really like them. I think blogs could be used for a lot of different projects in the classroom. It is a good way to get kids to express their real thoughts about certain subjects. I know for some students it is hard for them to speak up in the classroom, so it would be easier for them to just type to express themselves. For example, an English classroom could use a blog as a journal activity. It would also be a good way to get discussions going over topics from assignments. In my content area I could use blogs to discuss controversial subjects such as the Big Bang Theory or evolution. That way there wouldn't be heated discussions in the classroom, and every student would be able to voice their opinion.

Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology  
                   (3rd ed., pp. 2-7). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.

1 comment:

  1. I also have had very little experience with bloging and feel that with practice it can be a useful tool in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete